In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Portland Water District

Portland Water District Casco Street Office, ca. 1964

Contributed by Portland Water District
MMN Item 81550 Item Details
Portland Water District Casco Street Office, ca. 1964
MMN Item 81550 Zoom

Description

The Portland Water District moved its general offices in 1915 to 16 Casco Street, a building formerly occupied by Northeastern Telephone Company. The district needed more office space.

The building was modified specifically for the Portland Water District. The modifications included a remodel of the front of the building to allow for better natural light and the creation of a trustee meeting space inside the building.

The Portland Water District remained at 16 Casco Street until 1967 when its Douglass Street facility was expanded.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.